This cookies policy applies to all users of the website www.scutarilaw.com (the “Website”). The Website is the property and is operated by Denis Scutari Law Office.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed by the visited web page onto user’s computer, smartphone or other device through which it is accessed. Cookies are installed through a Web-server request issued to a browser (for example, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari).
The cookie does not contain software, viruses or spyware and it cannot access the information stored on the user’s hard drive. Through cookies a website memories the user’s actions and preferences (language, country, visited pages or other preferences), for a certain period of time.
Lifetime of a cookie
The lifetime of a cookie can vary significantly and is determined by the purpose for which it is placed. There are two main categories of cookies: “persistent or fixed” and “session” cookies. “Session” cookies are automatically deleted or within a short period of time after a user closes his or her browser. The “persistent” cookies allow the website to keep and reactivate users’ preferences and settings each time users access the website again. The “permanent” cookies expire after a certain period of time, unless users delete them before the expiry date.
Cookies allow us to improve the Website and adapt it to users’ needs. Cookies also help us collecting statistical data on how the Website is used.
Third parties cookies
Cookies used by this website
By accessing and browsing the Website the following cookies can be placed:
- Website performance cookies: keep user’s preferences on the Website, so that in case of the subsequent Website visits the re-setting of preferences is no longer required;
- User analysis cookies: inform us if a user accessed the Website before. These cookies help us establishing the number of unique users and how often they access the Website. These cookies are used for statistical purposes only;
- Geo-targeting cookies: these cookies are used to automatically determine the user’s country. These cookies are anonymous and are used only for statistical purposes;
- Registration cookies: when a user registers on the Website, we generate cookies allowing us to see whether the user is registered or not. Our servers use these cookies to identify user’s account and allow associating any user’s comments posted on the Website with his or her username. Unless the “keep me signed” option is selected, these cookies will be automatically deleted when the user closes the browser;
- “Contact” cookies: we use these cookies so that users can contact us through the Website and also request a consultation.
Customizing and deleting cookies
On most devices (computers, smartphones or other devices from which users access the web pages), browsers are usually set to accept cookies. Users can set their browser settings in order to manage and control cookies in various ways.
Through the browser settings users can disable or delete cookies. However, users should note that disabling and refusing to receive cookies could lead to certain limitations in the Website’s use. Also, some services or options may not work properly.
The cookies policy can be amended or updated occasionally. The date of amendment or update will be mentioned at the end of this policy.
For any questions regarding the cookies used by the Website, please contact us using the contact form.
This cookies policy was published on October 2nd, 2019.